Friday, June 19, 2015

This is Pitiful

Good morning,

It's barely 8:00 and already I've had quite a morning.  If you are looking for inspiration from today's blog post, you will be sadly disappointed.  I was sitting here, reading in Joshua, preparing to share with you when I heard the tea I was making across the kitchen begin to boil.  For the uninitiated: you are not supposed to let the tea bags boil.  So, I jumped up from the kitchen table (my blogging spot) and in my haste to reach the stove, tripped over the computer cord at full speed.  KerBAM!  Full frontal splat onto the kitchen floor.

So, one-handed - - icing the other arm - - - I'm reflecting on Psalm 91:11-16.  I'm no "spring chicken". There will be very ugly bruises; but at my age, no breaks from a fall of that severity is a miracle.  I'm thankful.


11For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
         To guard you in all your ways.

12They will bear you up in their hands,
         That you do not strike your foot against a stone.

13You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
         The young lion and the serpent you will trample down.

14“Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
         I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.

15“He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
         I will be with him in trouble;
         I will rescue him and honor him.

16“With a long life I will satisfy him
         And let him see My salvation.”


Y'all, let's thank God for His blessings to each of us today!

Lord, thank you for your mercies, which are new every morning.  I don't know why You spared me further injury, but I'm so glad You did.  Use me today for Your honor and glory! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment