Tuesday, March 17, 2020

What Now?

Image by jungoangwon, from Pixabay
A lot has changed in this world since my last blog post.  So many times, over the last few days, I've been hit with a feeling of disconnect and shock.  How did we get to this point?  What do we do now?  Certainly, we are living in a "new reality".

For a long time, troubled by the "way the nation is going", I've been praying for a nationwide revival.  I realize, though, that revival always starts with the Church of Jesus Christ.  So, revival starts with examining my own heart, confessing my own sins, yielding to the Holy Spirit in my darkest areas.  In my revival prayers I've said to the Lord that surely it would take something cataclysmic to get this nation to turn to the Lord Jesus.  Perhaps that cataclysmic event is here, and is now.

In our local church, we have made plans to move to Sofa Service on Sunday mornings.  That means our pastor and music team will conduct the church service from the pastor's study, and it will be broadcast via Facebook Live on the church's Facebook page.  In addition to that, our church is taking additional steps to reach out to our community in different ways, ways we would not ordinarily have "done church".  In that respect, the Holy Spirit is using this crisis as an opportunity to witness and to serve.

Currently, my husband and I are in self-quarantine due to our ages, although neither of us have underlying health conditions that would make us susceptible to the virus.  Our age category is a health risk in and of itself.  Since last Friday, we have severely limited our leaving the house.  But, we just found out that a friend of ours, who was here for several hours on Sunday, was tested for CV-19, at her doctor's insistence.  So, we are in total quarantine until the results of her test come back, hopefully in two days.

What now?

You know, in our nation's prison system, total isolation for prisoners is an extreme punishment.  I'm not fond of all these limitations on my movements, because anyone who knows me knows I love to "go to and fro".  Isolation can be very depressing to many people.  I'm glad I'm not totally alone in my isolation, and I'm also very glad to be living through this health crisis with telephones and social media.

I talked to a friend this morning, a true prayer warrior, who said that yesterday she called friends she had not spoken to in a long time, people she worked with years ago, to pray with and to encourage them through this time.  What a great idea!

Let my blog post today, if nothing else, encourage you to reach out to those you love, either as family or friends, and encourage them.

Some of you, particularly my mother I'm sure, are fixated on my earlier announcement that my husband and I may have been directly exposed to this COVID-19.  But, listen to me.  I am not afraid.

I am unafraid because I am His, and He is mine.  Nothing can change that.
Every day I live, whether in peril or not, I am in His hands.
And, if I come down with this virus and am hospitalized and even if I leave this earthly realm ...
I am His and He is mine.

When I went to Israel the first time I knew my family was concerned for my safety, going abroad.  I told my older son then: "If I don't return, you know where to find me."

Safe in the arms of Jesus.

Do you want this supernatural peace, this true peace that transcends all earthly circumstances?
You can have it too.  Jesus came, lived a perfect life, became Father's perfect sacrifice, died, was buried, and rose again on Easter, the day of the First Fruits, so that all of us can have peace, not just with our circumstances, but eternal peace with God, eternal life with Him, forever.

If you don't have this peace, and want it, I wrote about how to get it here:
https://resplendentdaughter.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-main-thing.html


For those readers who have this peace because you know Him, and because you are known by Him, don't let the enemy steal it, no matter what your circumstances.  Peace is His gift to His own beloved, to His followers, His true Church.  Don't let the enemy steal your gift.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Pray.  Read His word.  Encourage one another with His words.  Be at peace, my brothers and sisters!

4 comments:

  1. Amen Ms. Gena. Will this "pandemic" be the impetus for revival to start in our churches? I pray it will at least contribute towards it. God can use all things for good for His people. My prayer is that the church shows its selflessness and not selfishness during this time. Am learning of many churches that are simply closing their doors until further notice. In my mind, I just keep hearing Christ's conversation with Peter on the beach; "Do you love me?"
    "Yes Lord, you know I love you."
    "Then feed my sheep."
    So many ways that churches can continue to help their congregations and their communities. They can find alternate means of communicating (just as your church has), provide services for the ill or elderly, or simply host an on-line prayer hour a few times each day to come together and petition God.. Instead, I see more and more choosing to succumb to fear. Good on you ma'am. Be careful by all means; but do not be afraid! God's blessings Ms. Gena. Deuteronomy 31:8

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you too, J.D.! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete