Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Since I've Been Gone

 I guess it is time to explain my long absence from this place.

And, to tell you why I've decided to return.

Admittedly, covid kicked the whole world's butt.  I was not exempt.  It's not that I got very sick from that particularly virus, although I did have it...twice (so far).  It was more a downward trend that began in January, 2020, when our beloved dog, Charlie, died.  I was still processing that grief when covid hit.  The whole world seemed to stop in March, 2020, and so did my blog, for the most part. Oh, I wrote a few posts in 2021, including the Korban series in early 2021.  But, after those posts, I just "laid it down," the blog, that is.

Several times I tried to return, and it was like when you try to push the two positive poles of two magnets together.  Every time I would try, I would feel a push-back in my spirit.  I'm honestly not a "woo-woo" kind of gal.  But, even I, in my spiritual obtuseness, knew that it was not yet time.

In the midst of, and thank God in spite of, all that muddy angst, I started studying Sephardic Biblical Hebrew, with a private teacher/friend in April of 2021.  What a blessing that has been! I am loving my Hebrew journey.  You'll see the influence of that in coming blog posts.  However, learning a new language (when long in the tooth, lol) is an arduous undertaking that, at the very least, takes a lot of time.  So, the time that I would have ordinarily spent writing, I spent studying.

Do I feel like I have "let the Lord down"?  Yes, to a point, I do.  It bothers me that a blog that had thousands of readers just "dropped off the map" for what some might say was no good reason.  But, I have always written mainly to deepen my faith walk, and when that was taking a different tack, would it have benefitted anyone if I had just...pressed on?  I don't know.

At any rate, Lord willing, I am picking up the mantle again, with teshuvah, a Hebrew word that means to both repent and return.  

See you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment