Tuesday, July 25, 2017

BAM!



About a month ago, and again a year ago this week, the Lord asked me to do things I was hesitant to do.  The request He made was going to "cost me", big time.  So, in my flesh and carnality, I resisted at first.  He reminded me that He rewards obedience, when done in faith...that you can't "outgive" Him in any respect of the word.

Well, it hit me this morning like a ton of bricks that His response to my obedience had arrived.  And, let me tell you:  He "repaid me" at least ten-fold, probably more than I even know.
I am just ... in awe of Him.

You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake.
Deuteronomy 15:10 ESV

This verse is in the context of giving of yourself to help a poor brother/sister who is struggling in some way.  Your gift can be a gift of time, of resources, of talents...it doesn't matter.  In general, God commands us to give of ourselves for others.

But, I have learned that there also times He speaks to His children and clearly says, "Do this specific thing."  His command contains an opportunity for us to exercise our faith, to deepen our relationship with Him, to grow more into His love.

I just wanted to testify to you today that He.Is.Faithful.And.True.  His greatness knows no limits. And, I praise Him before you today.

Exodus 14:13 NET
Moses said to the people, "Do not fear! Stand firm and see the salvation of the LORD that he will provide for you today;


No comments:

Post a Comment