Sunday, May 6, 2018

He Makes My Way . . .


I've sort of gotten into a routine of blogging three times a week (M,W, F/S); so, this post is going to surprise some of you.  At the moment I am in a hotel in Minneapolis, MN, and have just had my morning time with the Lord.  It was so amazing that I just had to post "off schedule".

The reason I'm here is that I've just finished attending the annual meeting (Leadership Summit 2018) of the Beautycounter company, of which I am a part.  I've never mentioned my "side hustle" here in the blog because, although the two branches of my ministry are related, it just never seemed appropriate.  This morning, however, in applying the Scriptures to my own heart, I arrived at that intersection.

When we beauty educators attend this meeting, we get all excited and pumped up about the year ahead.  We receive excellent training as well as news of new products, coming down the pike.  The whole mission of the company is to get safer personal care products into the hands of everyone, because the personal care product industry in America is grossly under-regulated.  Most Americans are piling over 100 toxins onto their bodies every single day.  The connection of my beauty biz to my faith ministry is that I donate 50% of my earnings from Beautycounter to a missions organization called, Mission India.  God has blessed me and my family financially.  I have "enough".  I figure the people of India, a tremendously under-reached country with the gospel, need Jesus more than I need a few extra bucks in my wallet.

So, I was planning to strategize on the flights home today, to process the information I received, to plan for motivating my team, and so on.  This morning's scripture verses were such a beautiful frame and reminder as I do that.  Here they are:

God is my strength and power;
And He makes my way perfect.
2 Samuel 22:33 NKJV

King David's words, recorded by the prophet Samuel on this occasion, are almost identical to Psalm 18.  It makes me wonder if these were song lyrics to a popular song of the day!  Maybe when we get to Heaven, we will hear those wonderful Old Testament psalms/hymns in their original tunes.  Wouldn't that be fun?!

Here's another verse or two that relate:

7But for those who are righteous,
the way is not steep and rough.
You are a God who does what is right,
and you smooth out the path ahead of them.
8LORD, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws;
our heart’s desire is to glorify your name.
Isaiah 26:7-8 NLT

So, as I trust in the Lord, relying on Him for my strength and power, asking Him to guide me, earnestly desiring to glorify His name, He promises to - - -

  • smooth out the path ahead of me
  • make my way "perfect".

How appropriate for this day in my life, yes?  Actually, these verses are appropriate for every day of every Christian's life. 

Do these verses mean that I'll never stumble over the steep or rough places on the path of life?  That everything will "go perfectly"?  No, not at all.  He uses those steep, rough places to build our spiritual muscle, to increase our dependence on Him.

Here at the conference yesterday, I stumbled.  I was leaving a session and looking up onto the stage as I walked, not watching the path I was taking.  As such, I stumbled over a monitor on the floor, barked my left shin and nearly went sprawling.  It was rather embarrassing, but a totally logical consequence of my not keeping my eyes where they should have been.
I thank God He delivered me from worse harm.

Honestly, we have no idea how he "smooths out the path ahead of us" - - the things He delivers us from that we never even know.  The Scriptures say that "He puts His angels in charge of your protection, to guard you" (Psalm 91:11).  Aren't you incredibly thankful for that?! I surely am!  We can be confident, then, that nothing ever harms us unless God allows it, for His glory.

Do you desire to glorify His name, no matter what He allows in your life?  If your business flops or if it succeeds?  If your health fails or you win a marathon?  If you lose the dearest person in the world to you or a fiery love slips through your fingers?  If you "win the lottery"?  Can we give Him the glory and make HIS name famous...always? 

Listen, if my plane goes down today, I want you to do this:  pray that God gets the glory through everything my life has been.  If I arrive home safely (my prayer, of course) still . . . pray that my life, my ministry, this blog, my beauty products business - - the whole of my life will continue to make His name famous, to glorify Him, to lift up Jesus' name, not my own.

In copying the links for today's post I realized that the devotional I read was the one intended for this evening, not the one intended for this morning.  However, obviously, this was the one He wanted me to see this morning and to massage the beautiful oil of His divine words into my soul. 
Because He is good . . . all the time.  Perfect!

Our Father, which art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name . . . 
Thank you, Father, for giving us a "timely word", just when we exactly need it, for meeting ALL our needs, through our Savior, Christ Jesus!

Sources:

http://biblehub.com/devotions/Evening_May_6.htm

beautycounter.com/genahood

No comments:

Post a Comment