Wednesday, September 30, 2015

For Gloria

Good morning,

I met a delightful lady while in Peru.  Her name is Gloria, and her son, Cesar, is the leader of Zona Zegura, in Cusco.  She requested that I post the lyrics to one of the songs I sang in Peru, the one I sang at Zona Zegura's leadership retreat in Pisaq.

The English song lyrics were written by my friend, Alison Everill. The Spanish translation was done by my friend, Danny Smith.  I'm also indebted to Gladys Galindez, my friend and sister in Christ, who helped me rehearse.  Otherwise, what I sang would have likely sounded like gibberish.  Our generous and kind worship leader at FBC Canton recorded the accompaniment tracks, which (although my playing is nowhere nearly as good as Alison's) allowed me to sing unhindered.  Thank you, Aaron!!

Amazed
Asombrado/a

Verse 1:
There was a time I stood outside the holy place
Una vez estaba fuera del lugar sagrado

Wretched and blind, desperately reaching out for grace
Miserable y ciego/a, desesperadamente tratando de alcanzar la misericordia

I could not come before the most high and holy Lord
No pude venir delante del Señor altísmimo y santísimo

There was never any hope
Sin ninguna esperanza

There at the mercy seat, You met my deepest need
Allá en el propiciatorio, Tú me diste para mi necesidad más profunda

The pure and perfect One
El Puro y El Perfecto

Tore the veil so I could come
Rompió el velo para que pudiera entrar

Chorus:
Sometimes I dance
A veces bailo

Sometimes I bow
A veces me humillo

Sometimes I run into Your presence
A veces corro hacia Tu presencia

And I don't know how
Y no sé cómo

You love me still
Tú puedes amarme todavía

Knowing my shame
Cuando sabes mi pecado

I come to offer up this meager life You died to save
Vengo para ofrecerte esta vida miserable que Tú moriste para salvar

Oh, but most of all
Pero, más que todo

I come amazed
Vengo asombrado/a

Verse 2: 
And when I think of all the times You've drawn me near
Y cuando pienso en cuando Tú te has acercado a mí

There at your feet I've shared my hopes my dreams, my fears
A Tus pies, he compartido contigo mis esperanzas, mis sueños, mi temores

And, Oh, where do I begin, my dear and precious friend
Y, ¿cómo puedo empezar?, mi querido y precioso amigo

There is comfort in Your arms
Hay consolación en Tus brazos

And there in Your embrace, beholding Your lovely face
Y abrazándote, mirando Tu cara preciosa

My heart has found a home
Mi corazón ha encontrado su hogar

I will worship You alone
A Ti Solo Te alabaré.

Bridge:
I'm amazed
Asombrado/a

By Your mercy
Por Tu misericordia

I'm amazed
Asombrado/a

By Your love
Por Tu amor



all rights reserved, copyright 2009
Alison Everill, copyright owner, writer, composer
https://alisoneverill.wordpress.com/

You can also hear Alison sing this song at the YouTube link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ofgtPMBNo

Father, thank you for Gloria and for other new friends from Peru.  Thank you for my very gifted, anointed friend, Alison, who graciously allowed me to have translated and to perform her song in Pisaq, to share Your amazing love with the Zona Zegura believers.  Please continue to bless her ministry and use all of us only for Your honor and glory!  Soli Deo Gloria!  In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment