Saturday, January 17, 2015

Waiting...

Good morning!

I'm running a bit late with my blog post because it is a "big day" in our household, one we've planned for and waited for .... for years, really.  Today is the announced workday for my younger son's Eagle Project.  If you are unfamiliar with the Boy Scouts of America's ranks, Eagle is the pinnacle, the one to which the cub scouts and later boy scouts aspire.

There were times that I didn't think this day would come.  Much, much background planning and preparation are needed before the actual work can be done.  My son did this on his own timeline, refusing any "help" from me.  It was frustrating.  But, today, God has given us an absolutely gorgeous January day for the work to take place; and, I'm in charge of the food.  YAY!

The verse that comes to mind amidst all this is Isaiah 40:31 - - -

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;  they shall walk and not be weary; they shall run and not faint."

Waiting on the Lord to move and do His mighty work does not mean that we should be doing nothing.  The main thing we should do is to pray and get our Christian friends to pray with us! Sometimes, through prayer, He moves in ways that change our desires.  Sometimes His mighty works surprise us.

Waiting means remaining faithful in the things He has given us to do, not being manipulative or scheming in the doing of them.  He asks that we be obedient and faithful in our work and in our waiting.

Waiting can be draining, yet the Lord promises that He will strengthen us similar to how He causes the majestic eagle to fly ... if we will only trust Him through the times of waiting.

This is the hardest part for me, the trusting.  Trusting while waiting strengthens the soul, but fretting while waiting makes one even more weary.  This trusting the Lord increases our faith muscles, and really, God intended it to be this way.  He is right there with us in the waiting.  He has not forsaken, nor will He ever forsake, His very own.

So, Friends, if you are waiting on the Lord about a particular situation, trust Him.  Read the Scriptures to find His precious promises...like this one in Isaiah 40...and believe Him.

Dear Father, today is one of those days I get to see the result of many years of waiting, and I thank You for Your faithfulness to me during those long, trying days.  I'm grateful for how You are leading and working in the hearts of both my sons, whom I love more than my life.  Lord, I pray that you will shape these boys into men who love You more than they love anyone or anything, and that they will be filled with a burning desire to share You with this lost, dying world.  In Jesus' name, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment