Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Baptism Redux



I realized, after promising in yesterday's blog and vlog to talk about baptism today that I had already written about it thoroughly, back in February of this year, when I was deep into the book of Romans!

You can find that blog post here:

http://resplendentdaughter.blogspot.com/2016/02/a-good-dunkin.html

It is actually one of my most personal and one of my favorites.  I hope you'll go read it, if you didn't read it a few months ago.

However, I do just want to add that Paul again reiterates what he wrote to the Romans in his letter to the Colossians, in 2:12 - -

12Having been buried with him in baptism, you also have been raised with him through your faith in the power of God who raised him from the dead.

Paul obviously believed strongly in the symbolism of putting the person "under the water" to symbolize their "dying to self" and their "living unto Christ".

"Raised to walk in newness of life..."  Such beauty!


No comments:

Post a Comment