Friday, July 10, 2015

Worthy of Praise

Good morning,

I woke up this morning with praises to the Lord on my lips.  That song...."Great is the Lord and worthy of glory. Great is the Lord and worthy of praise!  Great is the Lord, I lift up my voice.  I lift up my voice!  Gre-e-e-e--e-at is the Lord!"  Do you know that one?  I'm working off the iPad while on this "girls' trip" to Texas, but I'll try to post a YouTube link later in the post.  Anyway, let's meditate on Psalm 92:1-4 and consider the greatness and goodness of the Lord, as we continue to roll around in the sugar bowl.


It is good to give thanks to the Lord
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning
And Your faithfulness by night,
With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp,
With resounding music upon the lyre.
For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.


In my prayers I often forget the "A" of ACTS, which is to simply adore the Lord, to praise Him for all of His wonderful attributes.  We humans can be so forgetful, especially of those positive, praising traits.  If you have a friend who builds you up by focusing on your positive attributes, you are indeed blessed!  So often, an outworking of our forgetting to praise the Lord is to forget to lavish true, heartfelt compliments on each other.  Even if it is true that some of your loved ones don't receive your "good words" very graciously, don't stop giving them.  We can always find something sweet to say to those we love.  If not verbally, then by writing a little love note.  That is so important!   We must not be like the husband whose wife complained that he never told her he loved her, over the past 30 years.  His response to her complaint was, "Didn't I tell you when we got married?  Well, nothing has changed."

We laugh at that man, but don't we tend to do that to some extent - - - forget to celebrate the goodness of the Lord and also those with whom He has blessed us?  I surely do.

God loves it when we lavish our praise on Him too!  That's why the psalm declares that it is GOOD to give thanks to Yah and to sing praises to Him, to think about how wonderful He is and to declare His greatness all day long.  By His wonderfulness and the works He has done for us, He has brought true joy and happiness into our souls.  Let's sing for joy today!


No comments:

Post a Comment