Thursday, July 3, 2014

Like the Roar of Many Waters

Good morning!
One of my Facebook friend's morning posts begin:  "Good morning, Glory!"  It is a play on words with the morning glory, a flower indigenous to my beloved South.  My mother often said that to me when she'd wake me up in the mornings.  Maybe his did too.
At any rate, I am far from my beloved South today.  Yesterday, was a day of travel - - - all.day.  5:00 a.m. wake-up call, 1 hr. drive to the airport, 3 hour flight, rental car snafu, hotel snafu (3 different hotels), one member of the party sick with fever, etc.  I know that many of you have "been there".
It was a day of constant "button pushing", and I did not reflect The Lord Jesus very well yesterday.  It was at times, "not pretty".  I've repented and asked forgiveness for that.
This morning, still on GA time, I walked out of the room to hear the roar of rushing waters.  And, I felt immediately very refreshed....even at 5:30 a.m. local time!
I was prompted to read from Revelation 1 this morning, especially verses 12-20.
In this passage, the apostle John is having his visions on the isle of Patmos, and this is the beginning of the first vision.  The resurrected Jesus appeared to him; the passage contains a description of him, as best as John could describe.
One of the descriptors was that his voice "was like the roar of many waters".  Several things are interesting about John's description:
1.  Elsewhere the Christ has incarnated Himself in various human forms:  baby, Daniel's vision, appearing with the two angels to Abraham, to the disciples in the upper room, to the followers on the Emmaus Road, to name a few.
2.  Each time he appears, he fits his physical form to the situation at hand.  He also gives the person(s) to whom he appears "as much of Jesus" as they can handle.  He still does that with us today.  Oh, you many not have seen Him physically appear, but He will give you as much of himself as you can handle, as you grow in your Christian walk.
3.  As in certain other of his appearances in visions (Isaiah, Daniel), the person having the vision is so dumbfounded, overcome with awe, TERRIFIED, he falls on his face in worship.  I've wondered what it will be like when I get to see Him, face-to-face.  Most certainly, I will do the same.  I don't think that, whether you worship Him as Savior and Lord or you don't worship Him at all, the response will the same.  Remember that the Scriptures say that "every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess" that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
I love that old hymn:  "What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see, when I look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace!  Then, He'll take me by the hand, and lead me to the Promised Land.  What a day, glorious day, that will be!"
Y'all, walk with The Lord today, and have a blessed one!

Oh Lord Jesus, you with the voice that roars like mighty, rushing waters, call us to walk in deeper fellowship with you today!  As we walk with you and reflect on your Person, may we become more like you in all we say and do!  May this wasting world see You in us, your resplendent daughters! Amen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S8a7Gc55SG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>





No comments:

Post a Comment