Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Lamp

Good morning!

When I worked full-time I used to get up at this time nearly every morning.  After being semi-retired for just over 3 years, the 5:00 alarm is one thing I don't miss.  But, this morning, we are up and preparing to leave on a trip out West.  Our elder son will be "keeping the home fires burning" (a task he relishes) while we accompany our younger son out to the Philmont Scout Reservation in New Mexico.  I'm excited about seeing a part of the country I've never seen.  Yet, hovering around the edges is a little bit of travel anxiety.  I think I'll share from Psalms today.

Are you familar with Psalm 119?  I just love it!  Look what the Message translation says in verse 105:
"By your words I can see where I am going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path."  Isn't that beautiful?  Yesterday we talked about "seeing" spiritually.  Isn't it wonderful that, although we can't see what God has in store for us moment by moment, we can walk (or fly :) ) in faith because His words show us the way?

Get into His word this morning so that you can "see where you are going"!

Lord, I thank you for lighting my way.  Help me to trust in you as I walk according to your Word. Please forgive me when I stumble or wander off the path.  I know that you will pick me up, dust me off and "establish my goings" again.  I love you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment