Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Heart is Fixed

Good morning!

Psalm 57:7-11
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing, yea, I will sing psalms. Awake, my glory; awake, lute and harp: I will wake the dawn. I will give thee thanks among the peoples, O Lord; of thee will I sing psalms among the nations: For thy loving-kindness is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; let thy glory be above all the earth!

Psalm 73:25-28 
Whom do I have in heaven but you? I desire no one but you on earth.

    
My flesh and my heart may grow weak, but God always protects my heart and gives me stability.

    
Yes, look! Those far from you die; you destroy everyone who is unfaithful to you.

    
But as for me, God’s presence is all I need. I have made the sovereignLORD my shelter, as I declare all the things you have done.


This morning I got to fulfill a dream that I've had for many years - - to watch the sun rise over the Grand Canyon.  I tried to post a picture along with this blog post, but have been unable to figure it out.  (Have you noticed that this is not a technology blog?)  When I share the post to Facebook, I will try again there.

My beloved husband rose with me this morning, and we went out together, mugs of coffee in hand.  I sat on the rim of the canyon and read the psalms, some of them aloud, praising God for beauty which words and even pictures cannot adequately capture.

Tears streamed down my face as we worshipped.  

Regardless of where you are today, and regardless of your circumstances, God is there, waiting for you to call out to Him.  If you already belong to Him, as His beloved child, He is waiting for you to draw near to Him today and to exalt Him!  If you have yet to meet Him, draw near to Him and call out to Him in believing faith; ask Jesus to make you His very own.  

Dear Father God, in all I say, in all I do, may You be exalted, may Your glory shine forth in me.  May my life be resplendent with Your glory!  In the name of Jesus, the Christ, my Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment